Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

So, at 3:00 pm on Friday the 27th I was ready to make the trek to meet Brian at Trevi Fountain. The only issue was that it was about 1 mile away from my hotel, in Rome.....and I had to walk. I grabbed the map of Rome and got started.

It was a little intimidating at first. The roads are completely insane with no consistency. Oh and they are in Italian, obviously, so I had to really work at this. After making a few circles and crossing the correct bridge, I finally made it. But now, I had to find Brian in the mix of about 50 trillion people standing around this fountain. I did though after about 5 minutes and we were both so very happy to have found one another after our 50 minute walks and search. We are amazed at how lucky we have been with just randomly making it thru stuff so easily.

It was about 5:00 pm by this time so we sat down at a patio and decided to have a snack of pizza and a pear and blue cheese salad tipped with cinnamon. It was delicious.

We ended up just walking around all night, all the way to the Coloseum. I have a great video update to share but I'll have to upload later. WiFi is truly scarce and I'm eating up my data usage quickly. we even stopped in a little bar called 0.75 for a quick beer and loved it.

Anyway, we made it back to Trevi Fountain after an amazing dinner. We went to dinner on a cute patio covered with great greenery and candle light at about 9:30 pm. It's amazing how different things are around here. We had a really tasty starter dish of some sort of eggplant, I honestly can't remember what it was called, two bottles of wine, and I had the rigatoni.

Back at Trevi we had some gelato at about 11:30pm, had a seat and people watched. There were still 50 trillion people out there, only a little tipsy now. We met a group of Sweeds who wanted me to take a photo for them. They were celebrating something drinking bubbly out of plastic cups at the fountain. I cheered them and told them it was Brian's and my birthday and then all the sudden they were all singing Happy Birthday to us with their awesome accent. "Happy Birzzzday too Zeuuu....". It was incredible!!!!!!!

We headed to the streets to find a bar to hang out in for the rest of the night. We stumbled on a little Pub and ha a glass of wine. There was a couple next to us, a Russian girl and a guy from Milan. They had met in Rome because she was in town. They had met a year prior and stayed connected thru Facebook. Anyway, we talked to them for awhile but in very short words because they knew little English and we knew little Italian. It was fine though because we all decided to share a cab and go dancing at a place called Cub 18.0. It was a typical dance club and they played good dance music but for some weird reason they were showing these hard core hip hop and rap videos. It was so strange. At about 2:30 am, after dancing with some cute Italian guys, I decided we should go home.

We eventually made it back to our hotels and decided to meet back up in the morning....I had to somehow drag my luggage across town to the hotel we were all staying at thru the tour. This my friends, is another post all on its own. I did ride the subway though....very cool here.

I'm actually in Florence now and we are headed out to do some sightseeing. Last night was some sort of festival called White Night where people crowd the entire cities all over Italy and party ALL NIGHT LONG. I made it till about 3:30 am. There were bands in every corner. I heard rock, disco, and dance music in English and Italian. It was soooooooo fun! I had a delicious sandwich with truffle oil and other things on it (I can't remember exactly), y'all it was the most amazing thing I've ever eaten....sitting on a street, in Florence, at 3:00 am.

I had the most amazing birthday I have ever had in my life! I will never, ever forget my 30th birthday, EVER!!!!!!

I'll keep trying to post as I go.

Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment