Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Two More Sleeps

Sunday was one of the best days I have had in such a long time. My best friend/old roommate, Holly, (but we still call one another roomies) organized a little 30th Birthday Brunch and Italy Send Off for me. We all gathered at a place called DISH here in Dallas. I was so happy to have all of my friends and even my mom, sister Amber, and cousin Halee with her boyfriend, John all in one place at the same time. I've never felt more loved! I may have even shed a few tears because "I cry when I'm happy!" I cry when I read cards, open gifts, and see everyone around me, there for me. I could have opened up a George Foreman Grill and I'd be balling my eyes out. I just can't help it. Everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it.

 Mom, Mary, Jenia, Andrea, Holly, Me, Tab, Allie, Amber, Halee
 Vanessa, Travis, Me, Craig, Jay
 Mom, Amber, Me, John, Halee
 Holly, Me, Andrea, Mary, Jenia
My new lovely scarf!

After brunch and a few too many mimosa's for myself, a few of us relocated to the Grapevine (my favorite dive watering hole in Dallas) The sun was shining and the sweet tea vodka was flowing. It really turned out to be an amazing day and I am so happy to have such wonderful friends and family. I couldn't have felt any more special. I LOVE all of them so, so very much.

 Allie and Me
Me, Susan, and Mary

It seems that this Italy thing is really starting to set in. I was asked quite a few questions about the trip and I was very excited to talk about it. Each time I said something it became more and more real that I'm about to leave for 12 days and go to Italy. I've started my final to do lists of calling my credit card company, picking up dry cleaning, doing laundry, making emergency phone lists, and the worst is yet to come....packing. Ya'll, I'm going to try and pack 12 days worth of clothes in a mid-sized suitcase. I don't know how I'm going to do it. It will definitely be interesting to say the least. I'm the one that goes to Chicago for a weekend and takes two bags. Ask my long time best friend (17 years and counting), Leah, about that one. I'll have to take photos as I go so you can see the progress. I have a feeling it's going to be a mess.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who came out to celebrate with me. I love you all so very much and you all being there meant the world to me!

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same. -elbert hubbard

1 comment: