Monday, October 3, 2011

Five Things To Remember About October 1, 2011

  1. It's my baby sister's birthday today! Happy Happy 22nd Birthday sweet sister!
  2. I ran in a 5k this morning. I was a little nervous because my training hasn't been the best so far. My legs have been so heavy and my time has been terrible. My goal was to be under 30 minutes and I did it! I finished at about 28:05 which was 4th in my age group and 41st overall. I was pleased. I still have a lot of work to do but I'm definitely on my way.
  3. After the race Ninja and I went to his cousin's little league football game. It was so stinking cute. I was a typical girl sitting there imagining me as a momma doing this one day. I hope I have a ton of little boys. (Well, two or three will do just fine.)
  4. Ninja and I spent the rest of the day sitting on patios, drinking beer, watching football, and walked around an arts festival downtown. It was such a beautiful day. We even ate fried catfish, roasted corn and this amazing thing called a Cajun Pistol. I've never had anything like it before; it was a dinner roll stuffed with melted cheeses, crab meat and craw fish. HELLO! I wanted a funnel cake too but we were out of tickets and Ninja said he wasn't getting any more. BOOOOOO!
  5. We met a man named Carl Liberto at one of the sports bars we went to. He was a very interesting man to say the least. I think he was some sort of genius but looked homeless. You know that type? Such a sweet man and had an amazing life story. He even made me a origami bird and rose. SUPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment